Frequenty Asked Questions
Building Rules and Regulations
Please contact the Property Management Office at 1 408 985 1555.
For New Tenant
Thank you for choosing the Century Plaza as your new office location! We are pleased to have you as a tenant in Century Plaza and we wish you tremendous success. It is our objective to provide the very best service to your firm.
To assist you in your move, you will find the following information in our “Building Information” section and links to forms we need from your firm prior to moving in and information regarding the building services and property management team.
- Moving Information Form – Please contact the Property Management Office at 1 408 985 1555.
- Tenant Information Form – to be filled out and returned to our office
- Access Card & Key Request Form – to be filled out and returned to our office.
- Contractor/Vendor Moving Guidelines
- Mail Box Key / Post Office Information
Moving Guidelines and Information
Any tenant moving furniture or equipment into or out of the building needs to coordinate with Property Management in advance. Please review the following guidelines below:
- Please contact the Property Management Office at 1 408 985 1555 at the earliest possible date but in no event less than 72 hours before the move is scheduled to occur.
- Tenants shall be responsible for distributing these guidelines to the movers and shall be held responsible for any damage incurred to the building as a result of the move:
- Moving is not permitted during business hours. Moving hours are after 6:00 p.m. or before 8 a.m. Monday through Friday or anytime on Saturday and Sundays (subject to Landlord’s prior approval).
- Movers must provide a Certificate of Insurance prior to the move-in-date. See Vendor Insurance Requirements.
- All furnishings and equipment will be delivered via the back loading area only.
- Movers must take care to protect all walls, floors, doors and fixtures, including using cardboard corner guards. The mover shall be responsible for supplying Masonite or Plywood to cover interior flooring surfaces. See Contractor/Vendor Masonite Requirements below.
- Remove all empty boxes from the premises. No debris may be left at the back of the building or property dumpsters used.
- All protective items are to be removed by the moving company at the conclusion of the move.
- If you expect to receive additional deliveries of furniture, supplies or equipment, etc. following the initial move, the rules still apply.
- Property Management will designate which elevator to be used for transporting all furniture, boxes, carts, or other large objects for delivery.
If you are vacating the building, a representative from Property Management will do a walk-through of your suite prior to your move to assess the condition of the suite doors, walls, carpet, flooring, windows, ceiling tiles and blinds.
Contractor/Vendor Masonite Requirements
Movers shall ensure that all exterior and interior flooring surfaces over which furniture and equipment will be moved, are covered with Masonite or Plywood. Cover boards must be provided in elevator lobbies and corridors. Walk-off mats must be provided to protect door thresholds. Please view the example photos for proper Masonite/Plywood distribution.
Parking is included in each tenant’s lease on an unreserved basis. The building parking allotment is three parking spaces for every 1,000 rentable square feet leased, which includes surface parking and a multi-story parking structure. If there are any questions or problems with regards to parking, please contact the Property Management Office.
One hour visitor parking spots are located in the center section of parking stalls in front of the building, and are intended for short term visitors only. Tenant and contractors parking is prohibited and may be subject to towing without warning. Visitor parking is provided as a convenience for your guests and is frequently monitored.
Parking stalls reserved for handicapped individuals are clearly marked. As a reminder, do not park in these spaces unless you have a valid handicapped placard visibly located.
Bicycle racks are provided for tenants and conveniently located in the front of the building area.
Motorcycle parking is also provided for tenants in the parking garage.
After unloading equipment or materials as needed in the loading area they need to park their vehicles in the designated Contractor Parking area that is on the northeast area of the bulding.
Parking Guidelines & Reminders
To ensure the safety and proper use of the lot, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Contact Property Management if you observe any hazards or suspicious activities.
- Remember to always lock your vehicle and remove all valuables.
- Owner is not responsible for any damage or theft related to your vehicle, bicycle, or motorcycle.
- Please obey all directional, speed limit and stop signs throughout the parking area.
- Do not park illegally or in fire lanes. Cars parked in these areas are subject to citation and/or towing.
- Overnight parking is not permitted. Please fill out the Request for Overnight Parking Form and email to the management office before you leave if it is necessary to park your car overnight.
- Trailers and towed vehicles are not permitted in the parking areas.
- All vehicles must occupy only one space or may be subject to citation and towing.
- Unauthorized motor vehicles prohibited on this property.